Run report – Run 19 – 28 Oct 17
Demo run to ~200mph.
Weather 12C, 1017mb, wind 6 o/c 13kts, dry surface.
Fuel 28% at the start of the run, to 11% calc (13% gauged) at shutdown. 22:00 run time.
- Tailwind still 13kts. Short delay (1/2 sec) on brakes, resulting in 130mph lift, 165mph brakes on, 200mph peak.
- Brake temps at the BAT reported as slightly lower than previous runs.
- Short pause before brake application gives a 200mph peak. Aim will be to use the same timing for the remaining Newquay runs.
- Earplugs still intermittent, earplug comms failed entirely on shutdown (post-run note: connections all cleaned, system now appears serviceable).
- Intermittent offset on rear brake pressures (+50 bar) after second high speed run. Brakes remained fully effective.